Working online for school credit can be a little tricky. Here is a 'cheat sheet' to help you with signing into our school web sites.
Spelling City sign in steps
1) go to spellingcity.com (or download app from app store) 2) click log in, then put in username (grade level/first name/grade level) and password (first name) 3) Choose your level (A-H), if you aren't sure what it is, check your copied list from your purple folder, or look at the number for the grade. 4) Choose your game or take a test!
1) go to ixl.com 2) click log in, then put in username (first name/last name inital/395) and password (first name) 3) choose your grade level (left toggle on PC/computer, and upper right corner drop-down menu on mac/ipad) 4) choose your skill and begin!
Raz kids sign in steps
1) go to raz-kids.com 2) click 'kid login' 3) put in teacher's user name (drmisty) 4) choose your name off the list 5) pick 'Book Room' and choose your book!
Encyclopedia Britannica sign in steps
1) go to school.eb.com 2) type in username (ant887) and password (nadsa1) 3) choose your topic and begin your research!
1) go to typing.com 2) click on student login (top right hand corner) 3) put in username (grade, first name, grade) and password (first name) 4) click on the next lesson to continue where you left off
Scholastic Hi parents, We are becoming bookworms here at SAS! One of the ways you can support our school is by purchasing books through Scholastic. Our class has an account, and for every book you purchase, our class gets points. I can spend these points on books for the school! So, if you need an incentive price for your student, or if they have a birthday coming up, or if you just want to thrill them by getting them a new book, check out the scholastic website and consider ordering through them. In my experience, the sale items are a very good value, and you really can't beat the selection. I have ordered non-fiction packs from them before, and while they may not be hardcovers, they are well printed and fun to read. I will place the orders on the 15th of each month, and the books are shipped to the school. Please let me know if the book is to be a surprise. I don't want to ruin it!
If you get in a shopping mood, go to clubs.scholastic.com and register your student(s) under the class code Q9H37
Happy Shopping ;) Mrs. Stein
The Eclipse is Coming!
We here at SAS are pretty excited for the complete Solar Eclipse that is coming on Monday, August 21. We will be viewing the eclipse this day. Our celebration will start at about 2:15 and go through the eclipse, which should end around 2:35 or so. No preparation on the part of the parent is necessary. We will be creating viewing boxes for art on Friday to prepare for this fun event.